Welcome to Wimbish Village Website
The Parish Council is updating its byelaws covering the Recreation Ground, Tye Green and Lucy May Field, Howlett End.
It is proposed that the new byelaws should be based on the model byelaws recommended by the government.
If anyone wishes to comment or see the proposals please contact the parish clerk, Tracy Coston at Clerk@wimbish.org.uk or telephone 01223 894462.
The first recorded mention of the village was in 1042, when it was referred to as Winebisc. It was subsequently referred to as Wimbeis in the Domesday Book.
The village has its own non-denominational primary school (Wimbish County Primary School) and a church (All Saints). The church tower was partly destroyed by lightning in 1756, and was rebuilt in brick but was later taken down again in 1883.